Splasho |

Jan/06

phpFunctions

Update: Source Released

Yesterday I put together this AJAX (actually AJAH) tool that allows you to quickly view the important details (argument list especially) of PHP functions.

You just type in the beginning of the function you want and you are presented with a list, click one on the list and the details are filled in.

See if you find it useful, post feedback in the comments.

No tags

4 comments

• Admin comment by splasho · February 9, 2006 at 9:06 pm

cool
    Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2006-01-11 15:07.

Looks great! Can you do it for Python??
    hehe
    Submitted by splasho on Wed, 2006-01-11 15:32.

Hehe, thanks for the praise. Unfortunately I barely know any python so I wouldn’t do a good job.

However, once I check the code is secure I’ll post the php source (it’s very simple) and anyone else will be very welcome to.
    Awesome!
    Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2006-01-11 19:47.

Can’t wait for the source. I’m going to mirror it on my site!
    Cool
    Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2006-01-11 20:28.

Brilliant, could this be the start of an Ajax based code editor? Or maybe that’d be a little dangerous.

Good work though. :)
    Very Cool
    Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2006-01-11 20:39.

Thanks alot man, always love OSS. Glad to see there are still people doing it.
    delete | edit | reply
    I’d love to see the source too
    Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2006-01-11 20:41.

I know php.net gets very overloaded sometimes, I’d love to setup a mirror with search. (You’d think they’d release that in php.) But this is clever, I’m glad to see it. I hope you’re cacheing the results serverside.
    Damn, A mate did soimething
    Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2006-01-12 01:30.

Damn, A mate did something similar to this just a few weeks back, but more Google Suggest style.

Congrats on a useful tool, dont want to release it as GPL or something for those who prefer instant lookups(Ie. sitting on our local webservers homepage?)

D
    Well done
    Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2006-01-12 05:20.

very cool, I’ve done something similar but not as slick as that. It’ll be great to get my hands on the source.
    Source
    Submitted by splasho on Thu, 2006-01-12 15:25.

Now available here, its very simple but use completely at your own risk.
    delete | edit | reply
    Lol, don’t worry the results
    Submitted by splasho on Thu, 2006-01-12 15:28.

Lol, don’t worry the results come from my own DB, I’m not that mean :)
    delete | edit | reply
    Fab! Is there any way to see
    Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2006-01-12 15:42.

Fab! Is there any way to see more/all the matches? If you enter “query”, mysql_query is the last one and not visible.
    As I’m so very nice, I’ve
    Submitted by splasho on Thu, 2006-01-12 16:45.

As I’m so very nice, I’ve added a next (–>) button for your convenience. However I must admit this is pretty useless for mysql_query as you have to go through hundreds. I guess what I could do is to transmit the data of what people click on back to the server and then order based on popularity, unfortunately I’m too lazy.
    delete | edit | reply
    Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2006-01-19 11:19.

cool, really smooth
    Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2006-01-20 12:30.

cool, really smooth

• stuart · February 20, 2006 at 10:48 pm

It’s very nice – but I’ve found a bug…
    You pass the search string using:
    timeoutholder=window.setTimeout(“sndReq(\’”+search+”\’);”, 400);
    From within the getreadytolook() function….
    The problem is if the search string has a ‘ (single quote) javascript throughs an error.

You need to change by calling the search value – document.getElementById(“search”).value – from within the sndReq function.

Hope this helps.

• Admin comment by splasho · February 21, 2006 at 8:53 pm

Thanks a lot Stuart. Will fix when I have a few minutes!

• voisalfuth · April 27, 2006 at 6:59 am

every site is placing the same manual